Albert Edelfelt, Christ, christ and mary magdalene, Easter, Gospel of John, gospel reading, I have seen the Lord, John, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Mary of Magdala, passion narrative, postaday, religion, spirituality
April 10, 2012 – Tuesday within the Octave of Easter. The reading is from Gospel of John 20:11-18
The Appearance to Mary of Magdala – John 20:11-18
But Mary [of Magdala] stayed outside the tomb weeping. And as she wept, she bent over into the tomb and saw two angels in white sitting there, one at the head and one at the feet where the body of Jesus had been.
And they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”
She said to them, “They have taken my Lord, and I don’t know where they laid him.”
When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus there, but did not know it was Jesus.
Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?”
She thought it was the gardener and said to him, “Sir, if you carried him away, tell me where you laid him, and I will take him.”
Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to him in Hebrew, “Rabbouni,” which means Teacher.
Jesus said to her, “Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and what he told her.
- The Empty Tomb – he had risen from the dead. (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- “The Lord has truly been raised …” (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- He has been raised; he is not here. (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Passion of the Lord (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Passion Narrative (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Anointing at Bethany (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- He is sitting right here (cinhosa.wordpress.com)
- In the garden (http://rosary2007.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/in-the-garden/
- How Can I Keep from Singing: I’ve Just Seen Jesus (lbtk.wordpress.com)
- Easter Reflections: HE IS RISEN! (graceformymess.com)
Pingback: He is sitting right here « cinhosa
Pingback: “The Lord has truly been raised …” « Inspirations
Pingback: “… You are witnesses of these things.” « Inspirations
Pingback: Jesus said to them, “Come, have breakfast.” « Inspirations
Pingback: In the garden « Rosary2007's Weblog
Pingback: “… and proclaim the gospel to every creature.” « Inspirations
Pingback: “My Lord and my God!” « Inspirations
Pingback: Appearance to the Disciples in Jerusalem « Inspirations
Pingback: Doubting Thomas « Inspirations
Pingback: “The Lord has truly been raised …” | Impressions