After the resurrection, chief priests, Christianity, Easter, Galilee, Gospel of Mathew, Jesus, Jews, Mary Magdalene, Mathew, Matthew, Octave of Easter, passion narrative, postaday, religion, Resurrection of Jesus, resurrection of jesus christ
April 9, 2012 is Monday within the Octave of Easter. The reading is from Gospel of Matthew 28:8-15
After The Resurrection of Jesus – Matthew 28:8-10
Then they [Mary Magdalene and the other Mary ] went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples. And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them. They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”
The Report of the Guard – Matthew 28:11-15
While they were going, some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests all that had happened.
They assembled with the elders and took counsel; then they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole him while we were asleep.’ And if this gets to the ears of the governor, we will satisfy [him] and keep you out of trouble.”
The soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has circulated among the Jews to the present [day].
- He has been raised; he is not here. (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- “The Lord has truly been raised …” (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)\
- “… You are witnesses of these things.” (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Empty Tomb – he had risen from the dead. (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Passion of the Lord (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Passion Narrative (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to resurrection… (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)
- Daily Devotional | The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ — Happy Easter!! (thelivingwordministries.wordpress.com)