Arabic, Beirut, Christ, Christ is risen from the dead, Christianity, City Mall, City Mall - Beirut Lebanon, Death, Easter, Empty tomb, Food for Thought, God, Gospel of John, Jesu, Jesus, Jesus is risen from the dead, John, John 20:1-9, Lebanon, Life, Mary Magdalene, Mary of Magdala, Messiah, postaday, religion, Resurrection of Jesus, Saint Peter, spirituality, the other disciple, The resurrection of Jesus, This is life, tomb, المسيح قام من بين الأموات
April 8, 2012 – Easter Sunday – The Resurrection of the Lord. The reading is from Gospel of John 20:1-9
The Empty Tomb – John 20:1-9
On the first day of the week, Mary of Magdala came to the tomb early in the morning, while it was still dark, and saw the stone removed from the tomb.
So she ran and went to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and told them, “They have taken the Lord from the tomb, and we don’t know where they put him.”
So Peter and the other disciple went out and came to the tomb.
They both ran, but the other disciple ran faster than Peter and arrived at the tomb first; he bent down and saw the burial cloths there, but did not go in.
When Simon Peter arrived after him, he went into the tomb and saw the burial cloths there, and the cloth that had covered his head, not with the burial cloths but rolled up in a separate place.
Then the other disciple also went in, the one who had arrived at the tomb first, and he saw and believed.
For they did not yet understand the Scripture that he had to rise from the dead.
Christ is risen from the dead – المسيح قام من بين الأموات
This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it
Jesus is risen from the dead
Defeating death by death
And giving life to those in the grave
- The Passion Narrative (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Passion of the Lord (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- ‘Where I go you cannot come’ (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Easter Day 8.4.12 John 18. 1-20 (stephencherry1.wordpress.com)
- Why Christianity Is the Only Religion That Makes Sense; “An Empty Tomb” (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ Resurrection: Fact or Fiction? (mainwriters.com)