Christianity, Dirck van Baburen, God, Gospel, Gospel of John, Holy Thursday, inspiration, Jesus, Jesus washing disciples' feet, John, John 13:1-15, Judas Iscariot, Mass, Mass of the Lord's Supper, Maundy Thursday, Passover, Peter, postaday, Saint Peter, Simon Peter, the feast of Passover, The Last Supper, the Lord's Supper, washing disciples' feet
The Washing of the Disciples’ Feet – John 13:1-15
Before the feast of Passover, Jesus knew that his hour had come to pass from this world to the Father. He loved his own in the world and he loved them to the end.
The devil had already induced Judas, son of Simon the Iscariot, to hand him over. So, during supper, fully aware that the Father had put everything into his power and that he had come from God and was returning to God, he rose from supper and took off his outer garments. He took a towel and tied it around his waist. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and dry them with the towel around his waist.
He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Master, are you going to wash my feet?”
Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing, you do not understand now, but you will understand later.”
Peter said to him, “You will never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered him, “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.”
Simon Peter said to him, “Master, then not only my feet, but my hands and head as well.”
Jesus said to him, “Whoever has bathed has no need except to have his feet washed, for he is clean all over; so you are clean, but not all.”
For he knew who would betray him; for this reason, he said, “Not all of you are clean.”
So when he had washed their feet [and] put his garments back on and reclined at table again, he said to them, “Do you realize what I have done for you? You call me ‘teacher’ and ‘master,’ and rightly so, for indeed I am. If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another’s feet. I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.
- The Passion Narrative (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- They paid him thirty pieces of silver … (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Passion of the Lord (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- ‘Where I go you cannot come’ (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Greatest Commandment 040512 (mennonitepreacher.wordpress.com)
- Did Jesus set us up for Failure? (anamericanpointofview.wordpress.com)
- Wash Me, And I’ll Be Whiter Than Snow (drippingmind.wordpress.com)
- Holy Thursday (johnmsfs.wordpress.com)
- Glimpsing the Heart of Peter (justcallmepastor.wordpress.com)
- Are you being led by the right people? (tvaraj.wordpress.com)
- Evening Mass of Thursday of the Lord’s Supper (doohan.id.au)